Human Language Technology
Competency: Human Language Technology
Human Language Technology (HLT) is a form of artificial intelligence that uses computers to translate one language into another, so that people can understand one another and access information they do not currently have in their language. It provides:
- A way for marginalized language communities to communicate.
- Access to information and education in the language they understand best.
- The ability for aid workers to respond effectively during times of emergency or crisis.
- The opportunity to preserve the language, culture, and knowledge of marginalized people groups.
- A platform for marginalized language speakers to have a voice on the world stage.