Business Development Center
What is a Business Development Center?
Business Development Centers provide training, mentorship, and guidance to entrepreneurs who desire to launch or scale small businesses. Women and men are equipped with tools and skills that empower them to enter the marketplace successfully.
The method and program is tailored to meet the needs of the community, so each BDC looks a little different, but the goal is that each new business created will provide increased income, jobs for others, and hope for the community.
- Exclusion from mainstream markets
- Limited access to business tools and education
- Financial illiteracy and exploitation
- Rampant human trafficking
- Generational and systemic poverty
- Predatory lending
- Unethical business practices
- Access to business training taught by experienced professionals including:
- Business Plan Development
- Market Analysis
- Marketing Plan
- Profit Contribution Analyses
- Sales Strategy
- Long-term coaching and mentoring for business start-ups
- Understanding of ethical business practices and principles
- Training in financial literacy